Tuesday, October 1, 2013

My Top 5 Break Up Songs





Everyone has been there.  You've just broken up with your ex and now you are down in the dumps.  These are my five favorite "break up" songs.  This is the music that helps me work through the anger, pain, and heart ache that accompany any break up.  Sing along, rock out, whatever it takes to get that catharsis, these are great songs to do it to.  So sit back, listen, and let the music play!

The first song on the list is "Misery" by Maroon 5.  This is a great, actually upbeat song that describes being in misery.  It's fun and cathartic at the same time

Second is "Call Me When You're Sober" by Evanescence.  I think the title says it all there.  The best line is in the end for me where Amy Lee sing "Don't cry to me/ if you loved me, you would be here with me/Don't lie to me, just get your things/I've made up your mind".  I think everyone has reached this point in a relationship, and this song just perfectly captures it.

Third is if "I Never See Your Face Again".  Again, perfectly titled and enough said.  Just sing along.

Fourth is "Bad Girlfriend" by Theory of a Deadman.  It's twisted and fun to sing along with.  While it doesn't really apply to most real life situations, it's just a good one to rock out to.

And finally we have "Too Close" by Alex Clare, or the one from the IE9 commercial.  This has a bit more of a techno beat, but the lyrics work perfectly for the theme.  It's probably the best song if you did the breaking up, but it works for everyone.


And there we have it.  My top 5 break up songs.  So listen and enjoy all.

No comments:

Post a Comment